Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Goliath and Me


I always love the story of David and Goliath. Actually I’m the biggest fan of David, especially when he had that courage to fight Goliath. This story was so popular and this is the favorite story when I shared it with the kids in Sunday school service, though. 

 So, when I say “GOLIATH”, what is the first think we have in our mind ?? a giant, a big tall fella, with big muscle and with a big heavy sword and with a scary face, he had a big heavy voice like a lion when he rawr .. Yeah, I bet we will think the same.

Lets pretend we have fight with Goliath, what would we have in our mind ?? Facing that big giant while we are so tiny and not very equal size with him. Scare ?? Maybe scare is not the right word for me. Maybe I would not scare, though. But I would have a doubtful feeling when I facing Goliath. First, I doubt if I could win or not. And second, I doubt if I have enough capability to fight this monster.

Well, now I want us to learn from David. What was behind his courage, what was David thinking when he step forward to fight Goliath the giant ??

Everyone of us must already know that God is behind all the question above. Yes, definitely ! But let us think as a reality. David was an ordinary person like all of us, though. But what was behind all his courage and his spirit when he bravely face the Goliath, would us have the same courage like David’s ??

I ever shared that life is not an easy journey, do you guys believe that ?? Hope you have the same opinion with me. But then I learned to saw something from every circumstances that I had passed. I always remember, when I got worried on something, I always got succeed to passed that path. Even sometimes it was too difficult and maybe it was too impossible for me to passed it, but eventually, I always could make it ! Yay !!!

I know, I wouldn’t be make it if it was not because of God’s help. And I wouldn’t be succeed to passed it if there wasn’t God walked with me and hold me. It’s true .. believe me I’ve seen so many miracles that makes me wonder how really great my God is !

Now, I would shared about Goliath. Well, Goliath was not that bad actually. Have you guys ever thought before that actually we kinda always met this Goliath in our life. It’s the same thing when I have to face something that worried me much.

One thing that God reminds me, why David had that courage when he fight Goliath ?! why he didn’t feel afraid or worried ?? I learned from David. First, David knew his GOD, David not just knew his God but he really knew exactly everything about his GOD, he had a personal relationship with God, he recognized God very well, who God is and where God’s place in his life. Second, David believed in God. Because he knew his God very well, so then he could believed in his God. He was not just believed, but he put his trust in God. Why ?? because he had that personal relationship with God, he had an intimate relationship with God.


We can see in every words that David had said in 1 Samuel 17:37  “David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine ..” and 1 Samuel 17:45-47 “David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied (46) This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. (47) All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

David not only had a great faith in Lord God, but he really had a sweet personal relationship with God, so he knew his God personally, like a son knows his father very well.

When we face Goliath, means we face the giant problem that might be so impossible for us to solve it or to win it and to passed it. But then God reminds me, David would never be a king if he never fight Goliath before. And David would never won the battle with Goliath if he never fight the bear and the lion before (1 Samuel 17:37).  Can you see the pattern ??

David not only knew and trust God when he faced all the giant problems in his life, but he knew that God upgrading him. Goliath came not without a reason ! God let David faced Goliath to upgraded his life because David was meant to be a king.

When in my difficulties, to be honest I scared, I worried, I cried even I never shown it in the public place. I almost give up, well .. it’s human, though. When my job feels like killing me and I began to complain and to grumbled, God always reminds me this : “In your difficult moment, God is upgrading you ! He is upgrading your life, your strength, your brain, your ability !
 
So guys, He’s upgrading your position !!!

I wasn’t good in real accounting study, but God puts me in here, teaching these teenager about the accounting, I even didn’t learned very well about the accounting process, the ledger, the financial statements when I was in college, but I know my God and I trust my God. I know He has a great reason to put me in here. Well, He’s upgrading me, though. Now, eventually, like it or not, I must learn again about the accounting and so I will expert in this subject. Maybe this is not the job I dream of, or maybe this is not the life I expected, but then I realized to be happy or to not it’s all my choice. 

When you feel life is not fair, you should read David’s story. Did he blame God when his son Absalom  try to killed him ? and David wasn’t counted in his family because he was so small and he didn’t considered among his brothers, but God made him became a king. So when David become a king of Israel, David keep lived close to God but his life full of problems, chased by Saul and almost 400 men wanted to stoning him (1 Samuel 30:6), he even sinned against the Lord God, but David had a special place in God’s heart. Because of what ?? Because David choose to stay in God’s presence, he choose to keep his life worshiped God. 

That’s why I always love David’s story, because the story of his life completely the same like each of us. David was a human like us, he wasn’t a prophet like Elijah or Elisha. He was a human same with us, he made mistake too, but what was make David so special ?? his heart ! 1 Samuel 16:7 “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 

To be honest, even I have read the bible everyday, pray and praise worship every morning before I start doing my activities, sometimes I still make my mistake, I still done something wrong or make stupid decision, but it doesn’t means I live in that mistake, it doesn’t means I keep doing the wrong things. Instead I could learn from my stupidity, and when I have heart to God, it means I have a strong desire to fix all my mistakes, I really want God to fix me, I want God to redeem me. When we have heart to God, it means, we want God to take a good work on our life instead of our ego.

My life is precious, even Jesus died for saving my life because for Him, I am precious ! But it don’t makes me away from my “Goliath”. I wouldn’t make it to all my dreams if I don’t face Goliath. And when you find your Goliath, hang in there guys, keep on fighting and don’t give up ! keep trust in God, because He’s making you to step the higher level of your life !! The reason Goliath exist is because God wants to upgrade our life. 



Your life is precious !! Your rich friends or your popular friends might seems have a life that we dreamt of, but you never know that they actually facing their own Goliath, you never know what they are dealing with, because if life was easy, it’s not worth fighting for !

My life might not easy but life is a choice. Well, God ask me to choose blessing or a curse (Deuteronomy 11:26-28, Deuteronomy 30:19-20). And of course, I choose blessing. If I can happily receive and enjoy the rainbow, why I must complain and distressed my self with the storm ? Well, it’s all for today guys, I hope it could bless you all. Keep your personal relationship with God, don’t loose it, though !
 
So, “Goliath” is not that bad, right ?? and do still you afraid of it ?? :)




Thanks for Jesus Christ that giving me His wisdom to write this and sorry for the bad English and the bad grammar. God bless you, all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment